Negotiating is one of the most fundamental, and important, responsibilities of sourcing and sales professionals. However, even the most experienced negotiators find themselves challenged in situations where the stakes are high and the other side seems to have all the leverage (e.g., single and sole source supplier relationships, key customer accounts).
But what does capture the potential value of a negotiated agreement, enhance organizational negotiation skills, and create leverage over time with suppliers?
During this webinar produced in partnership with the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), David Chapnick and David Ward of Vantage Partners share:
- Results from a recent cross-industry study on negotiation, with more than 400 buy-side and sell-side responses
- Key insights for leaders on what it takes to create a negotiation competent organization
- Case studies from leading organizations outlining different approaches to maximizing enterprise negotiation leverage
On-Demand Webinar Highlights
1. Analyzing Your Negotiation Pipeline
A strategic approach looks across all negotiations to find synergies and bring the most strategic, high-value negotiations to the forefront for review by leaders, exploration of trade-offs and additional value on the table, and aligning of impacted stakeholders.
2. How to Lead in Any Negotiation
What happens when you're ready to be collaborative, but your counterpart appears disinclined to jointly problem-solve — and perhaps lacks the authority to do so? "If you are leading in a collaborative way ... and you're negotiating on the merits," David Chapnick explains, "it's a lot harder for the other side to be difficult."
3. Getting Buy-In on Negotiation as a Corporate Capability
Negotiation capability should be "broader than procurement skills training," focused on delivering "greater value to your [entire] organization rather than some value to your function," advises Dave Ward. "It might be procurement that leads ... but it's a corporate capability."
Click here to download the webinar deck.